Credit Europe Bank (Dubai) Limited (“CEB Dubai”) processes personal data for the purpose of ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of its business operations. It is done in such a way that privacy is protected and safeguarded. CEB Dubai may process information about you, your officers, employees, affiliates and agent which may constitute personal data under the Dubai International Financial Centre Data Protection Law ("Data Protection Law")
Privacy statement Credit Europe Bank (Dubai) Limited
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person such as of an ultimate beneficial owner, director, person with signing authority or other contact person of the customer or potential customer. Customers are kindly requested to supply this privacy statement to such natural persons whose personal data are or may be processed by CEB Dubai.
Purposes of data processing
Personal data will be processed by CEB Dubai for the purpose of ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of its business operations, and, in particular, for the following activities:
1. the assessment and acceptance of customers and/or potential customers, the conclusion and performance of contracts with a customer and the settlement of payment transactions;
2. the analysis of personal data for statistical and scientific purposes;
3. the performance of (targeted) marketing activities designed to establish a relationship with a potential customer and/or maintain or extend a relationship with a customer, including sending marketing information about products and/or services that may be of interest to the customer or potential customer;
4. the safeguarding of the security and integrity of the financial sector, including the identification, prevention, investigation, and combating of conduct or attempted conduct (punishable or reprehensible) directed against the industry to which CEB Dubai belongs, the group to which CEB Dubai belongs, CEB Dubai, its customers, potential customers, and its staff, as well as the use of, and participation in, warning systems;
5. compliance with statutory obligations; and/or
6. the management of a relationship with a customer or potential customer.
When carrying out these activities, CEB Dubai may employ other companies, both inside and outside the group. These companies may be based within or outside the Dubai International Financial Centre (“DIFC”).For the purposes of executing payment instructions, personal data may also be exchanged with recipients who are based outside the DIFC. Intermediaries and/or data processing centres may be based in various locations worldwide. Both during and following the processing of personal data, the data may be the subject of investigation by the competent national authorities and/or competent supervisory authorities of the countries where this data is held.
In order to protect personal data, CEB Dubai has made the necessary arrangements and complies with applicable DIFC Data Protection laws, rules and regulations telephone conversations may be recorded.
Telephone conversations with CEB Dubai staff may be recorded for the following purposes:
1. to provide evidence including in relation to differences of interpretation or disagreements concerning the content of the telephone conversation;
2. to investigate and detect fraud;
3. to evaluate the quality of services; and/or
4. training, coaching and appraisal purposes.
Personal data via the website of Credit Europe Bank (Dubai) Limited
During your visit to the website of CEB Dubai your personal data may be obtained, for example through a contact form on the website or if you sent us a contact request by e-mail. CEB Dubai may also collect data by using the cookies. These are small text files that a website automatically offers to your browser with the intention that this information is returned on your next visit to the website. This enables CEB Dubai to collect information on the use of its website.
Personal data obtained through the website are processed in accordance with this privacy statement.
CEB Dubai may use your personal data to determine which products and/or services may be of interest to you and to inform you of these, either upon request or on our own initiative, for example, by post, telephone or e-mail. To the extent necessary, it will be presumed that where a customer or its contact person has made electronic contact data available to CEB Dubai, this is also done for the purpose of sending unsolicited communications for marketing purposes.
You may at any time object to the use of personal data for direct marketing purposes and/or the receipt of specific or all types of marketing information.
Credit Europe Bank (Dubai) Ltd
Dubai, August 27, 2013
Credit Europe Bank (Dubai) Ltd
Al Fattan Currency House ,Level 7,
Unit 7, DIFC,PO Box 506719,Dubai,UAE